Sunday, August 23, 2015 – 1pm to 5pm
Tuesday, August 25 – 7pm to 10pm
Sunday, August 30 – 7pm to 10pm
*Callbacks on Tuesday, Sept 1 at 7-10pm
150 Henderson Drive
1) Please prepare one song from a modern musical. Please do not sing anything from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. An accompanist will be provided for you. Please bring a clean, clear copy of your sheet music in the correct key. No iPads or recorded music.
2) Everyone auditioning should prepare a short comedic monologue or a story from when you were in 6th grade. Please know your material well enough to do some re-directs/easy improvisation using the text of your piece.
3) Everyone auditioning must participate in a group movement/dance audition. Please bring comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear, and plan to take some time to stretch.
Copies of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee are available at the Aurora Public Library.
Rehearsals will begin on Thursday, September 10th and will continue as follows:
• Tuesdays 7:30pm – 10:30pm
• Thursdays 7:30pm – 10:30pm
• Sundays 1pm – 6pm (OR) 6pm – 10pm
From Thursday, January 20 to Saturday, January 30, 2016
**Actors must be available for all performance dates**
To book an audition spot, please send an email to Steve Wolfer at firstname.lastname@example.org
➢ William Barfee - A finalist in last year’s bee, William is back and determined to win. Slightly aggressive and focused on winning. Tenor
➢ Olive Ostrovski - an amateur when it comes to competitive spelling, but her talent is obvious. As a young girl, Olive became best friends with her dictionary. Mezzo-Soprano
➢ Logainne “Schwartzy” Schwartzandgrubenierre - The youngest of all the spellers, Logainne is the daughter of two overbearing gay dads. Mezzo-Soprano
➢ Marcy Park -The poster child for over-achievers, Marcy is a recent transfer student from Virginia who placed 9th in the previous year’s Nationals. Mezzo-Soprano
➢ Leaf Coneybear - Homeschooled in a large family of hippies, Leaf struggles with a lack of self-confidence and a severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder. Tenor
➢ Charlito “Chip” Tolentino -Last year’s champion, Chip returns to defend his title. Chip is used to things coming easily for him. Tenor
➢ Rona Lisa Peretti - A former winner of the Putnam County Spelling Bee, now the top realtor in Putnam County, Rona Lisa is the moderator of the be
Posted by: Theatre Aurora
For more information: http://www.theatreaurora.com