‘A Better Place’ is a tale told with both humour and pathos about Stella Russo, a woman who contracts a debilitating illness and about how that illness impacts her relationships with friends and family.
The play explores serious issues around quality of life and assisted dying with humour and every day, ordinary, extraordinary humanity.
The roles of STELLA (55) and DEE (55) Stella’s best friend have already been cast.
We are currently looking to cast the following roles:
- KATE (29) Stella's daughter: Resident physician, driven and absorbed in her work
- ZACK (29) Kate's husband: Musician who is devoted to his wife but concerned about his marriage
- BILL (55+) Stella's love interest: A charming, fun loving, retired man
- PRIEST (any age or ethnicity): A Catholic priest – concerned, compassionate, & dignified
- DOCTOR (60ish): Chief of Neurology - any gender or ethnicity, professional, overworked
- CHRIS (20) Choir member: A young man with a tough exterior, but a good heart.
All Actors will be required to sing in the Choir.
Auditions will take place on Wednesday, August 24th from 2 - 6 pm & 7:30 – 9 pm. Callbacks: Monday August 29th – 6:30 pm.
E-mail your picture and resume to email@example.com and indicate audition time preference. Prepare a short (2-3 min.) contemporary monologue. Sides will also be provided.
This will be a Canadian Actors’ Equity Association production under their Artists’ Collective Policy.
This production actively encourages diversity in casting.
Posted by: LilyRose Productions