We are looking for a publicity intern to assist with all PR-related work. This is part-time work that can be done from home - flexible hours.
Most of our correspondence will be via email or phone with occasional in-person meetings. However, you must be based in Toronto. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in arts marketing.
You will also have the chance to receive mentorship from Rebecca Shoalts (PR extraordinare from Rock-It Promotions).
Duration: May 1st – July 12th, 2015
About AnOther Theatre Company: AnOther Theatre Company creates new works that challenges mainstream perceptions of race, gender, and "diversity." In our inaugural year, we will be presenting All Our Yesterdays, a new work by Chloé Hung, at the Toronto Fringe Festival.
- Assist with pitch and press release material
- Answer all press related emails and calls
- Coordinate with media outlets in a professional manner
- Work with producer and director on publicity materials
- Public relations background
- Either experience or degree/diploma/certificate
- Good knowledge of how to run a publicity campaign
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- An interest in theatre and social change
- High computer proficiency (Gmail, Mailchimp)
- Adept at using social media (Facebook, Twitter)
How to apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “PUBLICITY INTERN”
Posted by: AnOther Theatre Company
For more information: http://www.anothertheatrecompany.com/#!work-with-us/c156m