Through the generous support of TD Canada Trust, fu-GEN Theatre Company is offering a nine-month Administrative Intern position beginning in May 2016.
This opportunity is ideal for a recent graduate with a passion for theatre who wants to build a diverse skill set in arts administration and producing through mentorship with Canada’s foremost Asian Canadian theatre company. This position offers a valuable training opportunity in a not-for-profit model.
The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager and the Artistic Director and assist with many aspects of implementing the company’s activities of 2016, including a national festival in June and a major production in October.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the lead producer of a national development festival
• Organizing and Maintaining Company Archives
• Networking and liaising with various community partners
• Assistance with marketing and fundraising initiatives
• Attending fu-GEN events and acting as an ambassador for the company
• Support staff for fu-GEN events and fundraisers
• Managing volunteers for various events
• General office duties as assigned
The successful candidate possesses excellent written and oral communication skills; initiative; strong organizational skills; computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel); and is resourceful. A background in the arts is an asset.
This is a part-time position (from May 2016 to January 2017), at $14/hour, approx. 20 hours per week on average. Hours per week will adjust according to the level of activity.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by April 15, 2016 to email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be asked to interview in mid-late April.
Posted by: fu-GEN Asian Canadian Theatre Company
For more information: http://www.fu-gen.org