Crow’s Theatre is seeking a Summer Intern to join our team as we prepare for the second season in new performing arts facility, one of the first in Toronto’s burgeoning East End.
This position provides a unique opportunity to play a meaningful role in the start-up of a ground breaking cultural and community hub in Toronto.
The Summer Intern will play a critical role supporting a small and busy team. There will be three primary areas of focus in the position: a) providing production support to the Producer with pre-production tasks for the 2017-2018 theatre season, b) supporting the Associate Producer finalize community programming for the 2017-2018 season, and c) assist the Development department in managing the donor/patron database.
Contract Dates: July 4 - August 25 (30hrs/week)
- Scheduling auditions and rehearsals
- Executing contracts
- Attending production meetings and taking minutes
- Ongoing support as needed
- Meeting with designated community partners
- Collecting programming details and scheduling
- Updating the patron/donor database
- Assisting with planning of development events for the 2017-2018 season
- Other duties as required
- Pursuing post secondary education in theatre, arts administration or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Good time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritize with minimal direction
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Previous experience working with databases would be considered an asset
- Previous working experience in an arts and/or entertainment company would be an asset
To be eligible to participate, in accordance with the terms of the program funding, the individual must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as a full-time university student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is June 21, 2017.
Posted by: Crow's Theatre
For more information: http://crowstheatre.com/