Incorporated in 1965, Associated Designers of Canada is a national, professional non-profit arts service organization dedicated to promoting, pursuing and protecting the interests of set, costume, lighting, projection and sound designers working in the live performing arts in Canada.
ADC is proud to support the artists who bring meaning, excitement and beauty to the live performing arts.
The ADC office is located at Parliament and Queen on the second floor. www.designers.ca
Associated Designers of Canada seeks a qualified and experienced bookkeeper to track finances and membership data two days per week.
Four half-days per week are also an option.
- Review and process designer contracts
- Maintain designer and producer contact information database
- Process incoming designer applications, enrollments and withdrawals
- Follow up designer queries by phone or email
- Active and ongoing collection of outstanding member fees and producer payments
- Review an transfer of RRSP monies received into member accounts
- Review and update Critical Illness Member Listing and calculation of monthly premiums
- Produce and distribute annual designer activity and financial statements
- Post and pay vendor bills, produce cheques for signatures
- Banking: weekly deposits and monthly reconciliations
- Provide monthly financial statements to the Executive Director for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Produce details reports of a varied nature on request.
- Annual audit preparation and support
- Minimum 5 years bookkeeping experience
- Quickbooks proficiency a must
- MS Excel proficiency a must
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent English language communication skills with a friendly, personable manner
- Familiarity with not-for-profit accounting and reporting practice is highly desirable.
- An understanding of the theatre production process an asset.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com, referring to "Bookkeeper" in the subject line.
Interviews will begin the week of December 19th, and continue until a suitable candidate is found. We anticipate a start date of January 3, 2017.
Please no phone calls.
Posted by: Associated Designer of Canada
For more information: http://www.designers.ca