Theatre Passe Muraille is known for developing innovative and daring Canadian theatre, but we exist to support our communities.
From encouraging independent and emerging artists, and multicultural work, to inspiring our staff and artists to work collaboratively, TPM works to ensure all voices are represented on our stage.
TPM has more of a collaborative than a hierarchical work culture. TPM encourages staff to take initiative, work independently and join in with other staff as the need arises. That said, this job is on a level with the other Assoc. Producers at Theatre Passe Muraille.
This position creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources, in collaboration with the General Manager, the Artistic Director and the Board’s fundraising committee.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with the BOD and GM to create a fundraising plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization;
• Monitoring and evaluating all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are achieved;
• Actively seeking new donors and sponsors;
• Managing donor relationships;
• Inspiring new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters;
• Organizing traditional activities, such as TPM’s annual gala and developing new fundraising activities;
• Researching and targeting charitable institutions;
• Managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information;
• Knowledge of fundraising management, special events planning and management will be an asset
• Strong written and verbal communication skills is a necessity;
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines is a necessity
• Proficiency in the use of computer for: Fundraising software, Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets is a necessity
• Knowledge of any graphic design software will be an asset
• Experience with any or all of the following will be an asset: Not-for-profit, Toronto Theatre, arts councils
• Occasional Weeknights work is mandatory
Posted by: Theatre Passe Muraille
For more information: http://passemuraille.ca/archives/about-contact/employment-3