Application Deadline: Friday May 29, 2015
Start Date: June 9, 2015
Native Earth Performing Arts is seeking a part time Patron Services Representative for the Aki Studio Theatre, a 120 seat black-box theatre located Regent Park’s new cultural hub, the Daniels Spectrum. The Aki Studio is Native Earth’s performance space and is rented year-round primarily for theatre performances.
- Processing ticket orders placed by phone and in person using ticketing software Sumac.
- Providing exemplary customer service to the general public regarding Native Earth, its programs, and rentals.
- Soliciting individual and group ticket sales via email, telephone and in-person communications.
- Training, supervising, and recruiting volunteers in front-of-house and ushering duties.
- Reconciling cash and point-of-sale transactions, as well as other end-of-day facility lock-up procedures.
- Representing Native Earth Performing Arts and rental companies in a professional manner.
- In case of emergency, responding to and assessing the situation, giving aid if appropriate, and obtaining necessary help if warranted under the established guidelines.
- Customer database management, final show reports, and other administrative duties, as necessary.
- Box office management duties as required in the absence of the Manager or Supervisor.
- Available to work evening, weekends and some day shifts.
- Cash-handling and reconciliation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively problem solving customer service and technical issues.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Indigenous arts.
- A respect for First Nations contemporary traditions and a sensitivity to the open mind required to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Previous box office/ticketing software experience an asset.
- First Aid Certification an asset.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resumé with the names and phone numbers of two references as one PDF or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on Friday May 29th 2015. Please include “Patron Services Representative” in the subject line. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Visit our website for more information.
Posted by: Native Earth Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.nativeearth.ca/about-us/employment-opportunities