Summer contract position available for
COMMUNITY PROGRAMMING SUMMER STUDENT: SOULPEPPER CITY YOUTH ACADEMY PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The Soulpepper City Youth Academy Program Assistant represents an opportunity to join a creative and dynamic arts organization.
Community Programming Summer Student: City Youth Academy Program Assistant. This is a paid position.
Monday, July 11 – Friday, August 19, 2016 (Full-time)
10:00am-5:00pm Plus evenings as required
Planning meetings, participant selection auditions, and post-program debrief meetings as needed.
Must be available for all program dates.
KEY RESULTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Manager of Community Programming, the Program Assistant will play a key role in facilitating Soulpepper’s 2016 Soulpepper City Youth Academy Program. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collaborating with the Program Leader and other Guest Artists to develop program content
• Ensuring the safety of the program participants
• Completing program set-up and clean-up
• Leading age appropriate theatre-based activities
• Reporting program issues and needs to the Community Programming Department
• Completing administrative tasks associated with the program
• Providing post program feedback
• Other duties as may be required
To be eligible to participate, the individual must:
• have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 6; and,
• be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
• Participation in a Soulpepper Youth Program in a previous year is an asset
Please see website for full job posting: https://www.soulpepper.ca/the_company/work_with_us.aspx
Posted by: Soulpepper Theatre Company
For more information: https://www.soulpepper.ca/the_company/work_with_us.aspx