The Director of Development will provide leadership, strategic direction, management and coordination of Soundstreams’ fundraising efforts in alignment with the organization’s mission.
The Director of Development will develop and implement robust fundraising campaigns that increase support from individuals, corporations, and foundations. S/He will play a key role in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major donors for annual and multi-year gifts and strategic initiatives.
The Director of Development will be:
• Enthusiastic about the arts, especially contemporary/Canadian music.
• Highly entrepreneurial, resourceful, flexible, a relentless “closer” with excellent business acumen.
• Straightforward, self-motivated and diplomatic–shares information in a team environment, listens and gives advice.
• Decidedly focused, energetic, and adept at planning, prioritizing, and stewarding multiple projects.
• With the Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Board, set the strategic development goals for the organization
• Develop, manage, and implement annual fundraising programs, in collaboration with key staff.
• Develop and implement plans for qualifying prospects and soliciting major donors for both philanthropic and sponsorship opportunities. Research individual prospects, foundations, corporations and other financial resources.
• Solicit and close gifts and ensure appropriate cultivation and stewardship of donors and sponsors.
• Draft and edit correspondence, stewardship reports, proposals, and other communication pieces essential to achieving fundraising goals.
• Develop, implement, and supervise appropriate systems and procedures in support of fundraising goals.
• Advocate for Soundstreams’ mission in the funding community.
• Provide regular and detailed reports on meeting fundraising targets to the Executive Director.
• In cooperation with the Director of Marketing and External Relations, develop and implement communication strategies to support fundraising efforts.
• Coordinate donor patron receptions and special events in collaboration with key staff, the Board, and volunteers
Please see our job posting on our website for more information, and how to apply.
Posted by: Soundstreams
For more information: http://soundstreams.ca/about-us/employment-opportunities