The Events Department has an opportunity for enthusiastic, resourceful team-players who thrive in a fast paced, hands-on, competitive environment in the role of “Event Attendant”.
This is a part time casual hourly position. This role consists of working evenings and weekend hours as required.
This position is a member of IATSE B-173, but is exempt from the sign up requirement. Events are staffed solely at the discretion of Sony Centre. Full details are outlined in the CBA.
Under the direction of the Manager, Events, or designate, the responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• General event set up and tear down
• Liaising with clients to ensure events are executed to their satisfaction
• Interacting and greeting patrons in various customer service roles
• Organizing guests for artist meet and greets
• Backstage dressing room and crew catering set up and tear down
• Overseeing and serving food and beverage stations for events as needed
• Accepting and organizing deliveries
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to communicate effectively and diplomatically with patrons, clients and staff.
• Crowd management skills, including ability to coordinate orderly movement and maintain safety of large numbers of people in states of high emotion.
• Coordination and planning skills, excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Knowledgeable in safety and emergency response procedures to identify, assess and resolve patron problems.
• Smart Serve Certified and legal age to serve alcohol in Ontario
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Event Attendant” ” in the subject line. Interviews with qualified candidate(s) will commence immediately.
No phone calls please.
The Sony Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Posted by: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.sonycentre.ca