The Metcalf Foundation is one of Canada’s leading private foundations.
Our mission is to enhance the effectiveness of people and organizations working together to help Canadians imagine and build a just, healthy, and creative society. Our work is focused in three areas:
• Leveraging opportunities for new approaches and shared learning in the performing arts
• Building a low-carbon, resource efficient, and resilient Canada
• Improving economic livelihoods for low-income people in Toronto
The Foundation has an opening for an Executive Assistant / Office Manager. This individual will provide administrative support to the President & CEO of the Foundation, run the day-to-day operations of the office and assist, as needed, with special projects. The position of Executive
Assistant / Office Manager is a permanent, full-time position.
• Provide direct and comprehensive administrative support to the President and CEO, including management of calendar and schedule, correspondence, internal and external meeting materials and files, and travel arrangements
• Organize Board and other meetings, including issuing invitations, circulating advance materials, arranging catering and other facility needs, taking minutes during meetings, and conducting appropriate follow-up with materials from meetings
• Manage grants relating to the General Fund and Special Initiatives granting streams
• Provide information and referrals to not-for-profit organizations and the general public
• Develop, implement, and update office procedures in accordance with Foundation policy
• Manage and perform basic maintenance related to the facility, office equipment, supplies, and archives
• Manage bookkeeping (payroll and accounts payable, bank reconciliation, maintenance of financial record keeping)
• Oversee on-site troubleshooting of computer systems, applications, and network
• Organize and distribute Foundation-wide publications and communications tools
• Assist the Foundation’s communications staff as needed
• Support other Foundation-wide projects as needs arise and perform other administrative duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3 - 5 years experience in executive-level assistance and/or office management
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• The ability to take initiative, to take direction, and to work independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to manage competing priorities under pressure
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated ease and familiarity with Microsoft Office functions (Mac platform) and database programs (FileMaker Pro)
• Significant bookkeeping experience with AccountEdge or similar accounting software
• Some experience with basic website maintenance, with preference given to individuals proficient in WordPress
• A commitment to providing an excellent level of service
Post-secondary education and/or a demonstrated interest or experience working with not-forprofit organizations would be considered assets.
Interested candidates should send a résumé with a cover letter providing salary expectations and references to: email@example.com. In the subject line, please reference Executive Assistant Search.
August 26, 2016, 5:00 PM EDT