The Metcalf Foundation is one of Canada’s leading private foundations.
Our mission is to enhance the effectiveness of people and organizations working together to help Canadians imagine and build a just, healthy, and creative society. Our work is focused in three areas:
- Leveraging opportunities for new approaches and shared learning in the performing arts
- Building a low-carbon, resource efficient, and resilient Canada
- Improving economic livelihoods for low-income people in Toronto
The Foundation has an opening for an Executive Assistant / Office Manager. This individual will provide administrative support to the President & CEO of the Foundation, run the day-to-day operations of the office and assist, as needed, with special projects. The position of Executive Assistant / Office Manager is a permanent, full-time position.
- Provide direct and comprehensive administrative support to the President and CEO, including management of calendar and schedule, correspondence, internal and external meeting materials and files, and travel arrangements
- Organize Board and other meetings, including issuing invitations, circulating advance materials, arranging catering and other facility needs, taking minutes during meetings, and conducting appropriate follow-up with materials from meetings
- Manage grants relating to the General Fund and Special Initiatives granting streams
- Provide information and referrals to not-for-profit organizations and the general public
- Develop, implement, and update office procedures in accordance with Foundation policy
- Manage and perform basic maintenance related to the facility, office equipment, supplies,
- Manage bookkeeping (payroll and accounts payable, bank reconciliation, maintenance of
financial record keeping)
- Oversee on-site troubleshooting of computer systems, applications, and network
- Organize and distribute Foundation-wide publications and communications tools
- Assist the Foundation’s communications staff as needed
- Support other Foundation-wide projects as needs arise and perform other administrative
duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 - 5 years experience in executive-level assistance and/or office management
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to take initiative, to take direction, and to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated ease and familiarity with Microsoft Office
functions (Mac platform) and database programs (FileMaker Pro)
- Significant bookkeeping experience with AccountEdge or similar accounting software
- Some experience with basic website maintenance, with preference given to individuals
proficient in WordPress
- A commitment to providing an excellent level of service
Post-secondary education and/or a demonstrated interest or experience working with not-for- profit organizations would be considered assets.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an electronic resume and cover letter in MSWord or PDF format in one file to: email@example.com. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Metcalf is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise Metcalf of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
January 20, 2017, 5:00 PM EST