Necessary Angel Theatre Company seeks a General Manager to lead the Company under the artistic direction of Jennifer Tarver.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the General Manager understands and accepts the values of the Company. S/he is responsible for the financial integrity and the sustainability of the Company while ensuring best practices of good governance are adhered to. S/he will work in collaboration with the Artistic Director to foster a culture of openness and collaboration essential to the Company’s mission and to further enhance its longstanding reputation for artistic excellence. The General Manager will, along with the Artistic Director, be identified as the “public face” of the Company.
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Company.
• Develops and manages the annual operating plans and budgets.
• Provide necessary input to develop and set in motion the long-term artistic plan.
• Hire and manage all staff required to execute artistic and business plans.
• Manage company communications strategies.
• Assume responsibility for revenue generation.
• Prepare annual budget and detailed production/project budgets for Board approval.
• In collaboration with the Artistic Director, prepare and write grant applications to government funding agencies.
• Identify current and potential stakeholders, and through stewardship strengthen relationships.
• Manage the Production process, from budget to realization.
• Identify and create strategic producing partnerships.
• Develop the company’s international presentation network.
• Identify and assess viability of all touring opportunities.
• Responsible for negotiation of domestic and international theatre production rights.
• Demonstrated sense of leadership, vision, collaboration and team building with strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, and creativity.
• Strong finance and administration experience.
• Extensive experience in theatre production.
• In-depth awareness of theatre activity, local and national.
• Ability to translate artistic needs and values into institutional strategies and operating plans.
• Experience in working with a Board of Directors.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2015.
Posted by: Necessary Angel Theatre Company
For more information: http://necessaryangel.squarespace.com/