Job Title: Hub Coordinator
Status: Part-time contract for 29 weeks (part of SPT bargaining unit)
Hours: 21 hours per week (flexible schedule that might include evenings)
Rate: $22.95 per hour plus benefits
BACKGROUND: The 1652 Keele Street Community Alliance (the Alliance) is a multi-sectoral group of five non-profit organizations, providing a diverse range of services in a City-owned building. The Alliance consists of 5 independent organizations:
- Community Action Resource Centre
- For Youth Initiative
- Social Planning Toronto (SPT) – Lead Agency
- Woman Abuse Council of Toronto
- York Hispanic Centre
MISSION: The 1652 Keele Street Community Alliance is an innovative collaborative responding (individually and collectively) to evolving local needs and contributing to community well-being through services, space and joint action
POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Hub Coordinator is to oversee day to day administration, facilitate increased building functionality, monitor safety and security conditions, and facilitate client access to programs and services offered in the building.
- Facilitate a safe and welcoming environment and increased building functionality
- Interact with Hub visitors and program participants to create a positive impression of our space
- De-escalate and appropriately manage any developing crises which may arise in common areas
POLICY & SAFETY PROCEDURES
- Support the development, implementation and functioning of a Health & Safety Committee and monitor and report on adherence to the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Provide input in the development of policies and procedures, as it relates to the management of the building and ensure approved policies are followed by tenants, program participants and visitors
TENANT RELATIONS, COMMUNICATIONS & ADMIN
- Facilitate positive collaboration between tenant agencies and other stakeholders
- Assist in the implementation of the workplan for increased collaboration in the areas of policy development, emerging issues and community involvement
- Act as central point of communication with City divisions and Alliance members for co-location matters, including coordinating tenants meetings.
- Prepare reports by tracking, collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends (i.e. operating costs)
- Co-ordinate and monitor work orders/ maintenance / service contracts
- Co-ordinate and negotiate bookings for common space /meeting rooms
- Other related duties as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Experience working in low-income, socially marginalised communities
- Strong conflict resolution, conflict and crisis management skills
- Ability to engage a diverse range of stakeholders through strong, effective, interpersonal communication and human relations skills; strong customer service skills
- Strong coordination, organizational, time management and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as working in a team
- Strong written and verbal English, with fluency in other language (eg. Somali, Spanish, Portuguese) or cultures considered a strong asset
- Experience/ working knowledge of property management / administration an asset
- Relevant knowledge and understanding of legislation surrounding Health and Safety, Fire Codes an asset.
SPT is committed to employment equity, and welcomes applicants from the full diversity of the community.
The successful candidate will become a CUPE 1777 member.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, March 16, 2016
By email only, send a cover letter and resume as one attachment to
Please note: Interviews will be held on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 1652 Keele Street.
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.