TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of:
INDUSTRY CENTRE COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Industry Office, the Coordinator of the Industry Centre, will coordinate the pre-production and onsite operation efforts of our main industry venue during the Festival.
• Coordinate the production of all Industry Office locations
• Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and vendors
• Liaise with National Agencies prior to and during the Festival to ensure that their stands at the Industry Centre meet their needs
• Manage Industry Office relocation to off-site locations, including all operational needs for Industry Office
• Liaise with internal departments, such as IT, Creative, and Facilities, in the set up of Industry Centre
• Coordinate site safety and security for all onsite Industry Office locations
• Manage Industry Locations Assistants, and Industry Office volunteers
• Write a detailed post-mortem
• Two years Experience in project management and coordination of live events
• Background in business administration or arts administration is considered an asset
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite in particular considered an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (oral and written) in a professional manner, and client oriented
• Detail and process oriented with excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to respond to fast-changing priorities and deadlines and to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
• Fluency in foreign language(s) considered an asset
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on MONDAY, JUNE 26, 2017.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers/