Founded in 1983, Roseneath Theatre (www.roseneath.ca) is an internationally respected, award-winning theatre company based in Toronto dedicated to producing and touring theatre of the highest quality for young people and their families.
Roseneath Theatre’s charitable mission is to produce popular family theatre which has artistic, personal and social integrity to the largest possible audience using all the resources at our disposal.
The Managing Director supports the artistic vision of Roseneath Theatre by managing operations and representing Roseneath Theatre to the community, in a manner consistent with its Charter and By Laws. The Managing Director is accountable for the day to day function of administration, personnel management, finance, marketing, fundraising and outreach and also maintains fixed assets and operations.
The Managing Director shares responsibility for meeting Roseneath’s mandate with the Artistic Director. Both work collaboratively on matters relating to strategic planning, programming, community outreach and promotion, funding and fundraising. They report to the Board of Directors of Roseneath Theatre.
The Managing Director is a member of the Board Executive Committee, Finance Committee, HR Committee and Fundraising Committee and gives relevant input to all other Board Committees
This is a full time salaried position. The ideal candidate will demonstrate skill and experience in the following areas:
OPERATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT:
● Liaise with the Artistic Director and manage staff regarding administrative matters that affect the day to day and strategic operation and activities of Roseneath Theatre. These include tour planning and sales; finance; education; outreach; marketing; fundraising; box office; public performances; website, social media and technical support; venue rentals and scheduling; HR and policy development; performance management; training and development; health and safety; building management; volunteer resources.
● Sound understanding of Employment Standards and CRA guidelines relating to registered charities.
● Recruitment and management of office staff to meet operational needs.
● Negotiate and enter into agreements and contracts on behalf of Roseneath including: artistic personnel contracts; insurance coverage; staff contracts.
● Research and prepare international work permits and keep up-to-date on laws concerning International Visa requirements as well as the American Actors’ Equity Association Reciprocal Agreement
● Coach and mentor staff.
● Manage tour schedule and resolve tour issues efficiently.
● Experience with current accounting practices and principles of bookkeeping.
● Oversee all financial matters, transactions and reports including: invoice payments/ issuing cheques; payroll, government forms and filings; and annual financial audits.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS LIAISON:
●Consult and assist the Board and its Committees in the development and implementation of sound policies, procedures and strategic objectives for Roseneath Theatre and assume responsibility for their implementation. Prepare the annual operating budget for approval by the Board of Directors.
FUNDING AND FUNDRAISING MANAGEMENT:
●Complete, all annual grant and sponsorship applications. Manage all approvals and source new grants as they become available.
●Develop and execute fundraising strategies and programs.
●Investigate new opportunities for funding sources with government and non-government organizations, corporate sponsors and donors.
MARKETING AND PROMOTION MANAGEMENT:
●Develop and maintain relationships with other theatre groups, artists, theatre networks and make formal presentations at conferences and festivals.
●Promote Roseneath Theatre through the development and delivery of Roseneath Education Programs. This includes: develop a marketing strategy to ensure that earned revenue is maximized and the artistic vision is supported; Manage relationships between Roseneath and associations such as PACT, CAEA, TAPA and IPAY; build public recognition through the media and all networking opportunities.
●Sell shows to professional theatres and public presenters nationally and internationally and work closely with the Education Director to market productions to schools throughout Ontario.
●Attend arts marketing events to promote and sell Roseneath Canadian and International tours.
●Work with US Agent to contract performances, oversee routing and approve marketing strategies.
1. Superior Communication and Advocacy for TYA.
2. Strong Project and Staff Management
3. Superior Financial Management
4. Theatre Grant Writing, Fundraising Experience
5. Professional Theatre Knowledge and Networking Experience.
6. Information Management
●Bachelor of Fine Arts-Theatre Production/MBA or equivalent, plus minimum five (5) yearsexperience in the professional performing arts and preferably professional theatre administration.
●Minimum 2+ years in managing multi direct reports within a theatre environment.
●Computer skills: Microsoft Office, accounting software, internet, social media.
● Preferred experience with domestic and international theatre exposure.
●Knowledge of Arts Councils, Foundations and corporate fundraising.
Applications for consideration should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Tuesday, November 10, 2015.
Roseneath Theatre is committed to ensuring that members of equity seeking communities have equitable access to employment. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and are free from all forms of discriminatory treatment, behaviour or practice.