Application Deadline: MAY 11, 2016
Start Date: JUNE 13, 2016
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Established in 1973, Arts Etobicoke transforms lives by invigorating, connecting and empowering our diverse community through the arts. Our mission is to support local artists and develop accessible, meaningful opportunities to participate in community arts in Etobicoke. We provide innovative and quality programming, education and services designed to ignite the creative imagination; offer opportunities to diverse audiences for creative engagement and inclusion; create broad community awareness of the arts; and develop partnerships and networks to support and sustain local art activity. Our programs are affordable, accessible, and inclusive.
To support the aims and objectives of Arts Etobicoke through the coordination and administration of its office, gallery, art rental program, storage facility, membership services, board activities, human resources and special projects in fundraising.
• Office, Facility & Systems Management
• Personnel/HR Administration
• Bookkeeping/Database Support
• Board of Directors Support
• Membership Administration
• Off-site Storage Facility Management
• Volunteer Management
• Operating Grants Support
• Special Projects in Fundraising and Capital Grant
• Event Management
Key Selection Criteria & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years experience working in an arts administration environment and will demonstrate:
- A passion for working in community arts.
- A postsecondary diploma or degree in the arts administration, arts, social sciences, humanities, office administration, business administration or other equivalent background and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in arts administration/cultural organization/not-for profit environment.
- Superior computer proficiency: Word, Excel, ICAL, email and ability to work and trouble-shoot in a networked Apple/Mac environment.
- Experience with office equipment including printers, phones, photocopiers, postage, security systems and all facility needs.
- Experience in database administration. Salesforce is an asset.
- Experience in running a volunteer program.
- Experience in event management, including silent auction coordination.
- A talent for working collaboratively and independently in a results-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Excellent project management skills, including scheduling and budgeting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with Board and Staff Members, Program Partners, Donors, Suppliers, Contractors and a variety of Volunteers from varied backgrounds.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail – excellence in project coordination, project administration and event coordination is essential.
- Ability to set priorities, work to tight deadlines, problem-solve and manage more than one project simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift up to 15kg.
- Supervisory experience an asset.
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule including some weekends and evenings.
- Driver’s License and CPR Training an asset.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by May 11, 2016 using one of the following methods:
Mail: Arts Etobicoke, Attention: Selection Committee, 4893A Dundas Street West, Toronto, ON M9A1B2
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process please contact info@artsetobicoke.
Arts Etobicoke is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.