The President is the Chief Executive Officer of the Esther Honens International Piano Competition Foundation.
Collaborating with the Artistic Director, he/she is responsible for creating and realizing the vision of Honens. The President reports directly to and is an ex-officio member of Honens Board of Directors.
For the full position specification, please visit http://www.honens.com/AboutHonens/Careers.aspx
Strategy & Policy
• Develops strategies and policies for consideration by the Board, and implements these strategies and policies as approved by the Board
• Defines and applies key performance indicators with the management team
• Provides guidance and oversight to the Artistic Director who, together with the President, is responsible for devising and articulating a clear artistic vision that demonstrates Honens’ values of excellence, innovation, engagement, and integrity
• Provides guidance and oversight to the Artistic Director, who is responsible for designing and implementing all aspects of a triennial international piano competition, an annual Festival, the signature artist development program for Honens Laureates and ensuring appropriate CD production and online streaming activity
• Establishes fundraising targets and is ultimately responsible for reaching fundraising goals
• Develops and maintains strategic partnerships and relationships with individuals, businesses, non-profit and government sectors in Calgary and beyond.
Financial Management & Operations
• Ensures financial sustainability of Honens while increasing the financial position/capacity of the organization when possible
• Oversees the preparation and presentation of budgets, business plans and financial forecasts following appropriate accounting principles
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years of senior leadership experience, with a record of success leading a complex organization with a wide range of stakeholders, in an institution or company known for quality and excellence
• A history of sound fiscal management
• An understanding of classical music, particularly piano music
• A commitment to the development of young musicians
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by email with your cover letter and resume no later than Friday, March 4th, 2016.
Send to Searchlight Recruitment Inc.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honens is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted by: Esther Honens International Piano Competition Foundation
For more information: http://www.honens.com/