Application Deadline: July 28th, 2017 by 5pm
Start Date: TBD – approximately mid-late August, 2017
Location: North York
Term: Part-Time (15-20 hours/week) September – October; Full Time (35-40 hours/week) November 13 – December 13, 2017 with the possibility of adding a spring contract and continuing until May 2018.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Bravo Academy for the Performing Arts is committed to providing high quality performing arts education to students of all ages and levels. Our aim is to assist students in building confidence through teaching skills in music, theatre and dance.
Bravo Academy is looking for an experienced, energetic and resourceful production stage manager to manage our fall mainstage season, which will include at least 3 productions by our Advanced Music Theatre Troupes at the Toronto Centre for the Arts. This position will include evening and weekend work, with flexible daytime hours.
- Schedule and attend all production and design meetings.
- Work with designers to ensure standards and deadlines are met, as well as possibly procuring necessary resources within the agreed-upon budget.
- Attending full-run rehearsals
- Liaising with the performance venue.
- Coordinating and overseeing load-in and strike
- Managing all technical rehearsals at the theatre and production schedule.
- Submitting detailed show and rehearsal reports.
- Submitting detail show expenses and receipts, as well as tracking and monitoring the production budget.
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are met.
- Maintaining a positive tone for the production, encouraging an atmosphere of patience, kindness, respect, and understanding between all team members and show participants.
- A working knowledge of theatre production, with a particular emphasis on musical theatre
- Strong organizational skills, including schedule and budget management
- Strong leadership skills, working with both adults and children
- Understanding of arts education and ability to work collaboratively and positively with young artists
- Must have 3 – 5 years of production and/or stage management experience, including working with children/young artists
- Valid Ontario 'G' Driver's License
- Criminal Record Check required
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Bravo Academy, Att: Kyra Ritchie
Posted by: Bravo Academy for the Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.bravoacademy.ca