Creativiva Caribbean Inc. is seeking a Stage Manager/Production Coordinator for live entertainment productions at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort, Villages and Spa.
This is a non-union position.
in Canada: last week of July (part-time, one week of attending rehearsals)
in Turks & Caicos: August 2017 - January 2018 (full-time, 6 months)
(Subject to change)
- compiling and operating prompt copy, which notes actors' moves and cues, and the requirements for props, lighting and sound;
- attending studio rehearsals;
- setting up and running rehearsal schedules on-site;
- running rehearsals on-site;
- calling the cues during the performances;
- running the backstage and onstage areas during performances;
- liaising with the director, choreographer, music director, project manager;
- calling actors for rehearsals and performances;
- inspecting props and costumes for maintenance and replacement purposes, as required;
- liaising with resident staff;
- maintaining quality of show productions;
- liaising between artists and resident entertainment staff;
- liaising between artists and project manager;
- ensuring that all schedules are strictly adhered to by artists and staff;
- ensuring that all artists are in good health to perform, or otherwise, ensure that they receive medical attention, as required;
- provide a weekly report to project manager;
- attend meetings with the project team and the artistic team;
- perform all other job related duties as requested.
- university degree in live entertainment or theatre production (or equivalent work experience);
- at least 2 years of experience in theatrical stage management;
- good understanding of all technical aspects of a show;
- excellent communication and organizational skills;
- a sense of humour and the ability to stay calm in a crisis;
- problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet;
- confidence, decision-making ability and negotiation skills;
- fluency in spoken and written English is essential;
- available to relocate to Turks and Caicos for August 2017 - January 2018.
In addition to monthly salary, compensation package includes:
- round trip airfare between Toronto and Turks and Caicos;
- accommodation & full board meals;
- contribution health insurance plan.
Posted by: Creativiva Inc.
For more information: http://www.creativiva.ca