Do you have an idea for a project that involves puppetry? Or would you like to participate in such a project?
The Puppetry eXploratory Laboratory is a program that offers the opportunity for artists to explore their creative passion within the puppet art form. As a participant in PXL, you will be involved in a unique experience that allows you to interact and collaborate with artists of all kinds. PXL membership entails many benefits for a rare learning opportunity: it is a chance to fine tune skills you already have, to develop and try new ones, or simply learn a greater appreciation for the art of puppetry and its many facets.
This program brings together people with project ideas (Project Initiators) and people who’d like to work on a project (Project Participants), with our mentorship, on the development of short puppet productions. PXL is a forum for the development of creative ideas, not merely a showcase for future productions: emphasis is on the development of new material and unique adaptations of existing material. We are looking to push the envelope; we invite you to join us!
Applications are due by January 30th, 2017. Notification will be the week after that. The program starts as soon after that as we can schedule a meeting of all participants and culminates with presentations at Fresh Ideas in Puppetry Day on June 3rd 2017 at the AKI Studio Theatre
PXL is intended for: visual artists, theatre artists, puppeteers, performance artists, musicians, designers, writers, film makers, directors, composers, choreographers, technicians and people interested in learning about and integrating puppetry into their artistic practice.
- Deadline for all applications: January 27, 2017.
- Applicants will be notified of their application status by February 3, 2017
- Participation fees: $250 for either a Project Initiator or a Project Participant
- Materials are the responsibility of the Project Group
- At the first scheduled gathering, the Project Initiators will present their project ideas, and the Project Participants will choose which project to join. Then, over the next few months, the Project Initiators, with their Project Participants, meet (at their own mutual scheduling), to build and rehearse the pieces with Puppetmongers’ mentorship.
- The final performances or presentations will be at the AKI Studio theatre on June 3rd.
Posted by: Puppetmongers Theatre
For more information: http://puppetmongers.com/puppetry-exploratory-laboratory-pxl/