14th annual rock.paper.sistahz Festival
May 3-8, 2016
b current’s rock.paper.sistahz Festival is a hand-picked and fully curated theatre and performance festival teaming with quality, diversity, and raw energy to bring rarely told and unusual stories to the stage.
rps has been highlighting Black Women Artists since 2002, in our 4th edition we featured brothaz, and soon expanded to also feature alternative and innovative diverse artists of varying backgrounds and mediums. Canadian emerging and established Artists and Art Facilitators who identify as Black, Indigenous or People of Colour are encouraged to submit; we welcome submissions from women, men, trans and everything in between.
Volunteers are the backbone of this festival and we are welcoming energetic arts-loving applicants this year to make our festival a success!
Volunteer perks include:
- Free festival pass
- Refreshments during your shifts
- Documentation of volunteer hours
- Behind the scenes experience in new theatre presentation
- Special invite to Thank You celebration after the festival
- Opportunities to make new connections and meet like-minded people
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Assisting artists and festival staff
- Helping to set-up for events and performances
- Ushering audience members to performances
- Maintaining a safe and positive festival experience
- Acting as an ambassador of the festival and the company
- Attending a brief training session in early April
Positions are available on the following crews:
- Festival Production
- Festival Admin
- Welcome and Info Crew
- Front of House
- Pre-festival events (As early as April 30th)
Festival training and events will take place at Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie St)
Volunteers are requested to commit to at least two (2) four-hour shifts throughout the festival week in addition to training. Positions are also available for pre-festival events starting as early as April 30th.
Interested? Then write to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- “RPS2016 Volunteer Application” in the subject line
- your full name and phone number
- some info about yourself and why you want to be a part of rock.paper.sistahz14
- any special skills that you have
- which crew(s) you know you would like to join
- what you would like out of your experience
A phone interview will be required for all successful applicants.
Posted by: b current