Thinking of using music in your performance or creating a musical revue?
Monday April 4th, 2016
7:00pm to 8:00pm
Know your music rights (and responsibilities) for theatre! Craig Brockie, Industry Relations Executive for SOCAN, and Serge Cassano, Senior Licensing Representative for Re:Sound Music Licensing Company, will take you through the ins and outs of working with SOCAN and Re:Sound. Learn the value of music and what that means for those who create theatre. The workshop will cover the following:
• Copyright pillars
• What are SOCAN and Re:Sound and what are their responsibilities?
• Performing Rights and Grande Rights – the difference
• What are SOCAN and Re:Sound licences?
• Licensed to play campaign
• Re:Sound negotiates agreement with the Performing Arts industry
$20 plus HST regular price
FREE for Theatre Ontario Members - visit our website to sign up
FREE for PGC members - email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
This webinar is presented by Theatre Ontario and Playwrights Guild of Canada
Posted by: Theatre Ontario and PGC
For more information: http://www.theatreontario.org/training/courses-and-workshops/details/Music-Rights-for-Your-Theatre.aspx