Whether you’ve just graduated from theatre school, new to the industry, or just want to sharpen your skills before the busy summer season this weekend intensive will arm you with the tools you need to start nailing your auditions.
Each participant will be assigned a scene to memorize in advance and will be led through step-by-step audition preparation during class. Scenes will be presented in a mock audition in front of the camera. All participants will receive personalized, constructive feedback and a copy of their scene to take home.
This course will cover the audition process from the moment you get your sides to being in the casting room, with particular focus on:
• SCRIPT ANALYSIS – Analyzing sides efficiently and intelligently
• MEMORIZATION – Useful strategies when time is tight
• EMOTIONAL PREPARATION – Preparing a character’s emotional life
FACILITATOR: MICHELLE ALEXANDER
Michelle is a working actor, director, acting coach, and Associate Artistic Director at Nightwood Theatre. She has been ‘behind the table’ on countless casting sessions for film, television, and theatre and has privately coached many actors to audition success! In the film and television world, Michelle is best known for the role of Alison on Darknet (Netflix CAN/US/UK; Superchannel). For her full bio, please visit: www.michellealexander.ca
The intensive also features two guest speakers:
• AMOS CRAWLEY (actor, on-camera acting coach, and Armstrong Acting Studio’s instructor) will discuss “what the $#%! is a hit?” and marketing yourself as an actor.
• JESSE GRIFFITHS (actor and casting assistant to Jason Knight) will share advice on what to do in the casting room: how to slate, connect with the reader, and what casting directors are looking for!
PRICE – $199.99
DATES – Saturday May 9 + Sunday May 10 (10am-4pm)
LOCATION – 205–101 Niagara St. Toronto
REGISTRATION – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: This workshop is a fundraiser for the 2015 Toronto Fringe Festival production of ‘The Philanderess’ by Sophia Fabiilli, directed by Michelle Alexander.