Jurors for the Dora Mavor Moore Awards are experienced and respected members of Toronto's professional performing arts community.
Jurors are nominated by two (2) TAPA member companies.
TAPA is committed to the integrity and transparency of the Dora Mavor Moore Awards. The Dora Jury Selection Committee casts a range of professional artists that include performers, designers, directors, producers and arts educators to serve on the 7 divisional juries.
In order to be considered, candidates for the Dora Juries must agree to:
- have their name submitted to the Jury Selection Committee for consideration
- have their name submitted to the TAPA Board of Directors for consideration
- aim to attend 100% of productions registered in their Division
- attend all 3-4 jury meetings throughout the year
- adhere to all Dora policies regarding confidentiality, conflict of interest and voting
- maintain regular communication with their Jury Chair regarding attendance
- keep diligent notes on all eligible productions attended
Dora Jurors receive:
- 2 tickets to every eligible production that is registered in their Division
- 2 VIP tickets to the Dora Mavor Moore Awards at the end of the year
Individuals working in the following areas are ineligible to serve as a Dora juror:
- Employees of government funding bodies/ agencies, including municipal, provincial, federal.
- Employees of non-government & foundation funding bodies.
- Employees of film/television/stage casting agencies, talent agents or other professional representatives of artists such as personal managers & publicists.
- Employees of the media (including but not limited to print, television, blogs, social media, etc) such as reviewers, reporters & editors.
Call for Dora Juror nominations: Ongoing with official Autumn push
Deadline for 2020-2021 nominations: DECEMBER 1, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: NOMINATION TO A DORA JURY DOES NOT GUARANTEE A SPOT ON THE JURY
Thank you for your interest in the Dora Awards Juror nomination process. The call for applications is currently CLOSED.