- The Accounting Firm of the Dora Mavor Moore Awards shall email to all jurors a list of eligible candidates for nomination for each category.
- Each juror shall short list a maximum of five (5) candidates in each award category and return his/her list to the Accounting Firm of the Dora Mavor Moore Awards by confidential fax or in-person. Minimum 1
- The Accounting Firm shall email to each jury a first ballot containing a list of all short-listed candidates for each category.
- Each member of the jury shall cast his/her secret ballot for the outstanding five (5) candidates of the season in all categories in the following manner; five (5) points for his/her first choice, four (4) points for the second choice, three points (3) for the third choice, two (2) points for the fourth choice and one (1) point for the fifth choice. Jurors must assign 5 points to a first choice, but may assign other points as they see fit. Such ballot shall be sent to the Accounting Firm by private email, confidential fax or in-person. No member of the jury may abstain from voting in any category nor may they vote for fewer than the prescribed number of nominees in any one category.
- The Accounting Firm shall tabulate the votes of each jury. The actual number of votes received shall not be disclosed by the Accounting Firm to anyone, including the staff and board of the Dora Awards, the juries or to any other person or entity. The nominees shall be the first five (5) eligible candidates to receive the most votes. In the event of a (or several) tie(s), nominees in excess of the five (5) allotted spots will be dropped. The minimum number of nominees shall be two (2), and maximum number of nominees shall not exceed five (5). In the case of a five-way tie (or more) for second place, the tie shall be broken by tabulating the number of jurors who voted for each choice. If this does not break the tie, the tie shall be broken by switching the points attributed to ordinals for each choice. The Accounting Firm shall provide the Dora Awards with a list of the nominees in each category of each division after the Dora Press Conference.
- Final ballots containing a list of nominees in each category shall be emailed by the Accounting Firm to every juror in each division. All jurors shall, by secret ballot, place the nominees in the following order: first (1st) place to his/her first choice, second (2nd) place to his/her second choice, third (3rd) place to his/her third choice, fourth (4th) to his/her fourth choice, fifth (5th) to his/her fifth choice.
- Final ballots shall be sent by jurors to the Accounting Firm by confidential fax or in-person.
- The Accounting Firm shall tabulate the votes of each jury in each category. The winners in each category of each division shall be the nominee receiving the highest number of first (1st) place votes.
In the event of a tie, the jury will be sent a tie-breaking ballot. If this measure does not break the tie, the jury captain's vote will be used to break the tie. The jury captain will be selected by the respective juries.
The actual number of votes received by any nominee shall not be disclosed by the Accounting Firm to anyone on the Dora Mavor Moore Awards staff or the TAPA Board, the juries or any other person or entity. The Accounting Firm shall retain all ballots for a period of one year. The names of the winners shall not be made public until the presentation of the Dora Mavor Moore Awards.