The Interim Manager, Producing & Administration will manage one DUO client for the contract.
The successful candidate will lead a team of artists, technical staff, festival staff and volunteers as the Interim Manager, Producing & Administration for Dusk Dances 2016.
During the weeks in June and the final week in August the Interim Manager, Producing & Administration will work a maximum of 20 hours per week, depending on experience. This pre and post festival work will be determined by DUO. The position is required to be available and complete all timely and deadline driven work for the duration of all festival dates. Working periods during the festival will be determined by the Festival Director in conjuction with DUO.
Founded in 1993 by dancer-choreographer Sylvie Bouchard, Dusk Dances is a curated outdoor dance festival of high quality choreographies in public parks held at dusk. An artistic event with a vibrant social character, Dusk Dances presents a wide array of choreographic works, from contemporary to traditional, and from a variety of ethno-cultural traditions.
Application Deadline: Apr 29, 2016
Start Date: Jun 13, 2016
Salary: $6,400 Flat Fee
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Working closely with the Festival Director, Sylvie Bouchard, in addition to the elements listed above, the Interim Manager, Producing & Administration will:
• Manage the contracting process for all festival artists and vendors
• Manage the festival budget and track all expenses and revenues to the projections and provide reports
• Liaise with Marketing and Communications staff to support the 2016 Festival; work with Festival Director to plan and execute a distribution plan for marketing collateral.
• Liaise with Licensee and touring partners regarding scheduling, logistics and marketing
• Working with the Festival Director, liaise with the Production Team regarding scheduling, logistics and equipment
• One to three years experience in the performing arts as a producer or production manager
• Strong communications skills written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to mange the general public in a festival context
• An ability to set and balance priorities, manage time wisely, and meet deadlines
• Working knowledge of contracting both technical positions and artists
• Working knowledge of tour planning, logistics and scheduling
• Working knowledge of touring and public dance festivals an asset
• Stamina is essential, as your workload will be heavy and tight deadlines must be met
• A working knowledge of the technical aspects of dance production
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; strong editing skills
• Excellent attention to detail and deadline orientation
• An understanding of accounting principles and budgeting and financial reporting
• An understanding of the principles of not-for-profit and charitable organizations
• Computer literacy, particularly in Word and Excel in a Mac environment
• Available for evening and weekend work
• Competency in French is considered an asset
Skills Sets Required:
• Attention to detail
• Takes Initiative
• Reliability and punctuality
• Self Starter
• Ability to manage different priorities
• Successful at working to, and meeting multiple deadlines
The successful candidate must be very flexible with their work hours and available for all required time frames during the contract. The successful candidate will work primarily out of the DUO offices for the duration of the contract and provide extensive onsite support for all pre-performance and performances of Dusk Dances in Withrow Park in Toronto. DUO and Dusk Dances may choose to extend this contract with further remuneration provided, for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and 3 references to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Those selected will be contacted within one week of the submission deadline. This term contract is from June 13, to August 19, 2016.
Dance Umbrella of Ontario
Dance Umbrella of Ontario (DUO) is a not-for-profit provider of management services to Ontario’s dance enterprises. DUO was founded in 1988 by the Arts Councils to support dance enterprises with their administrative and business activities. In addition to providing a suite of tailored and flexible services, DUO strengthens the dance sector by undertaking new strategic and progressive initiatives.
DUO supports dance artists and enterprises in the creation, production and dissemination of their art. Our typical clientele includes: independent artists, small- and mid-scale organizations based in Ontario. DUO supports dance artists by providing the best and most appropriate administrative and infrastructure allowing them to grow as they focus more fully on their art. We do not guide the artistic product of clients. DUO is committed to diversity in all of its activities and the enterprises it serves. We envision DUO to be the place where new growth in the sector is fostered. Dance Umbrella of Ontario is the employer for this contract.