The Canada Council for the Arts is getting set to launch the first deadlines of our new programs in the spring of 2017.
There is a lot to discover in the new funding model. Starting today, we invite you to explore the calendar of 2017-2018 deadlines, updated program information and more.
Here are a few suggestions to navigate the information, and find out how to make the most of funding opportunities ahead:
1. Refresher: Watch these videos to get familiar with each of the 6 new programs;
2. Explore detailed program information pages, including program objectives and evaluation criteria, to find the options that will best suit you. In particular, we invite you to to read up on a few new flexible options, including:
- Micro-grants: to support small-scale activities for Indigenous groups and organizations, as well as Indigenous aspiring artists, professional artists, cultural professionals and cultural carriers who are looking for ways to get projects off the ground.
- More frequent deadlines: to better support your creative process, and project timelines. Apply when you're ready!
- Composite grants: for individuals, organizations and groups looking to access funding for more than one project simultaneously.
3. Mark your calendar for December 2016. This is when we'll be inviting you to register in our new online application portal. Going forward, all grant applications will be processed through this portal. Keep in mind that you'll need to be registered in the portal at least 30 day prior to your first application to any new funding model deadline.
What about current programs?
Are you looking for funding in the short term? Check out the current programs that will be in place until February 2017. Don't forget we've also got a second and final deadline on October 31 for New Chapter, our unique new creation fund. Up to $150,000 for individual artists, and $500,000 for organizations.
Here's a timeline that breaks down our transition from the current to the new funding model. If you have further questions, feel free to also contact our information officers at
1-800-263-5588, ext. 5060 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.