The provincial and federal governments are both developing culture strategies/plans. These will have an impact on all Toronto artists and organizations.
Take the time to have your say.
1. Ontario’s Ministry of Tourism, Culture & Sport has just released its Draft Culture Strategy, in which they have identified 3 Goals:
- Goal 1 - strengthen culture in communities
- Goal 2 - fuel the creative economy
- Goal 3 - promote cultural engagement and inclusion
Read the draft report (it is just 9 pages) for details and be sure to send your comments and response to the Ministry – they are accepting feedback only until May 13.
2. The federal Ministry of Canadian Heritage is looking for your input into its role in the creation, discovery and export of Canadian content in a digital world. The first step in the process is a pre-consultation questionnaire which will take only a few minutes of your time.
Questions, comments or ideas? Contact Susan Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org.