***INDIE X 2019 is POSTPONED as of March 21, 2019***
Please check the TAPA website for future updates
Introducing the Panelists!
Keynote speaker Mel Hague, Artistic Associate: New Work Development + Festival Director, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, kicks off this year's INDIE X.
Contracts Are Not Your Enemy
Renting a venue? Working with artists of all kinds? Co-producing?
- Beth Brown - Managing Director, Nightwood Theatre
- Gail Packwood - Executive Director, Associated Designers of Canada
Speaker: Tim Jones - Chief Executive Officer, Artscape
Demystifying Working Models: Navigating Relationships Between Indie & Established Theatre Companies
Are you and/or your company at a place in your career to collaborate with larger organizations?
Moderator: Chris Reynolds - Producer, SummerWorks Exchange
- Jenn Goodwin - Dance Artist, Curator, Producer and Filmmaker
- Brendan Healy - Artistic Producer, Canadian Stage
- Indrit Kasapi - Artistic Producer, lemontree creations
- Kelly Read - Executive Producer, Why Not Theatre
Do you have a space? Did you have a space? Do you wanna have a space?
Moderator: Bri Proke - Artistic Producer/Director, Blood Pact Theatre
- Luis Fernandes - Unit 102 Actors Company
- Sedina Fiati - Managing Producer, Storefront Theatre
- Andrew Gaboury - Co-Artistic Director of hub14 + performance works
Risky Art, Safe Space
How can we ensure we can take risks in rehearsal rooms, without posing risk to those working in the room?
Moderator: Thalia Gonzalez Kane - Artistic Producer, Crave Productions
- Marcia Johnson - Actor, Playwright, Dramaturg and Director of Audiobooks
- Courtney Ch'ng Lancaster - Actor/Director
Theatre Practice in an Age of Global Climate Crisis
This facilitated roundtable discussion will tackle some burning questions inherent to theatre production surviving in a warming world.
Moderator: Scott Dermody - Dora Awards and Outreach Manager, TAPA
- Triga: Shannon Lea Doyle, Alexandra Lord and Michelle Tracey
ABOUT INDIE X
Over two decades ago, The Indie Trade Forum was conceived as a two day conference focusing on challenges and issues specific to indie theatre producers. Over the years, the Indie Trade Forum morphed into the TAPA Trade Series which provides ongoing professional development to the full spectrum of TAPA members all year-long. Recognizing the shifting demographics and needs of the current indie environment, TAPA is proud to present the re-conceived version of the Indie Theatre Trade Forum - INDIE X. INDIE X is presented by the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts.