Application deadline: Friday, March 29th, 2019
Contract: June 3, 2019 – August 18th, 2019 (full-time, 35 hours/week @11weeks)
Wage: $15.00 / hour
We are seeking 8 post-secondary young and emerging artists for our 2019 paid summer Apprenticeship program. If you are interested in the state of the world and want to use theatre to explore the urgent stories that face us today (e.g. gentrification, polarization, climate change), we want to meet you. Come and connect with audiences in a profoundly different way. Let’s think together in public space and practice what it is to be both a responsible citizen and a committed artist.
Positions are funded by HRSDC’s Canada Summer Jobs program. For all positions, employees MUST be under 30 years of age. It is no longer a condition of employment that you be a student returning to a post-secondary institution in the fall.
NOTE: Clay & Paper Theatre is a small but mighty OUTDOOR theatre company, so applicants must be comfortable and open to working in a non-traditional theatre setting.
• Learn about the essentials of working as an artist in public space, creating an accessible arts experience
• Assist with construction, maintenance of props, costumes, set pieces, masks & puppets
• Receive instruction & training in voice, movement, puppetry & mask
• Assist in setup of community workshops & facilitation of puppet building with participants
• Attend rehearsals, learn lines, songs & stage blocking, develop techniques specific to outdoor performance in a public space
• Set-up & strike set & props, get into costume & make-up, complete vocal & physical warm-up, welcome attendees, perform show
• Assist with outreach & promotion of the show, including hands-on promotional activities: handing out leaflets, participating in photo and video shoots, and after show Q&As
Clay & Paper Theatre encourages applications from young people of all backgrounds and levels of experience. Indigenous youth (including First Nations, Metis and Inuit), LGBTQ2, BIPOC, and young people from the disability community are especially encouraged to apply. If you require accessibility accommodations, let’s connect. We really want to meet you and do our best to help create a comfortable space for your interview/audition.
Please submit your RESUME along with a brief COVER LETTER explaining why you would like to join our motley crew to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 29th, 2019. Auditions will take place, starting the first week of April 2019.
Posted by: Clay and Paper Theatre
For more information: https://clayandpapertheatre.org/work-with-us/