Each year, Shakespeare in Action reaches over 5,000 children, youth, and family members across the GTA, and inspires them with a love for language, the performing arts and Shakespeare.
We are thrilled to announce a call for submissions recruiting professional actors/performers to join our Actor-Educator roster for the 2018/2019 year. We seek roster members with diverse and varied skills, such as: classical text, teaching/education, music, spoken word, hip hop dance, rap, clown, and more.
Roster members may work in four capacities:
- Running experiential workshops in schools (with commitments on a day-by-day basis)
- Leading groups in the TD Shakespeare for Kids Library Club (commitment of 6 Saturdays required)
- Performing in touring and mainstage productions (commitment of 4 to 6 weeks)
- Be a part of an exciting new program “Shakespeare Hip Hop Fusion” in association with the Toronto Public Library. Participants will serve as instructors and mentors to youth aged 13-17, facilitating sessions that inspire youth to use Shakespeare's text as a springboard for their own creative writing and multi-disciplinary performance pieces.
Chosen candidates will be required to present a valid Vulnerable Sector Check (If chosen Shakespeare in Action can request a Vulnerable Sector Check on behalf of the candidate with a fee of $65 due to Toronto Police Services).
Applicants will be asked to perform two of the following (of your choice):
- a classical monologue
- a song or rap
- a piece of spoken word or poem
- a contemporary monologue
Auditions will be held on Thursday October 11th, 2018. There will be a training on Thursday October 23rd and 24th.
Shakespeare in Action is dedicated to making Shakespeare fun and accessible across age, income, and cultural background. We are committed to maintaining a roster that represents the diversity of our city and we encourage applications from anyone and everyone with a passion for Shakespeare.
Please apply to David at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SIA Roster Audition,” including a cv and headshot in one file, by September 28th.
Posted by: Shakespeare in Action
For more information: http://www.shakespeareinaction.org/