Deadline: February 14, 2020 at midnight
Windsor Feminist Theatre is casting actors to create ADELPHE, a postmodern deconstruction of some of Western theatre’s greatest female figures. With a cast of all female, trans, and non-binary actors, we will collectively create a 45 minute physical piece examining the themes and roles of women in ancient Greek tragedy.
ADELPHE will be performed at Windsor Feminist Theatre’s annual Greek Revival Festival on Pelee Island, as well as the Toronto Fringe, and in Windsor, Ontario.
We are looking for people with experience in classical, and physical theatre and creating their own work. We are specifically interested in people who have a connection to Windsor-Essex County.
We are committed to amplifying marginalized voices and will prioritize casting BIPOC actors for our project. We encourage submissions from all gender marginalized folks including trans* and non-binary actors. We ask that cis-male actors not apply for this project.
This is a non-union paid opportunity. You are guaranteed a $250 honorarium, profit share from our Fringe run, and all lodging taken care of while in Pelee, Toronto, and Windsor (as needed). We may be able to provide more compensation depending on funding.
If cast, actors must be available for the following dates:
- Rehearsal on Pelee Island: June 11th-23rd
- Toronto Fringe (Tech and Performances): June 25th, 27th, 30th, July 1st-12th
- Greek Revival Festival on Pelee Island: July 28th-August 4th
- Performance in Windsor: August 6th-9th
- Please submit a digital résumé and headshot
- Auditions will take place in Toronto late February
- The audition will consist of an hour long movement/devising workshop followed by individual auditions where we will ask you to perform a max 2 minute classical monologue of your choice
When submitting electronically to email@example.com please format the subject line of your submission in the following manner:
- Name / Toronto Audition
- Please attach your resume and headshot as a single PDF file.
- In the body of your email please highlight your connection to Windsor and any relevant training and any relevant training/experience.
- If you self-identify as LGBTQ or BIPOC you may choose to highlight this in this in the body of your email as well.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an audition will be contacted.
If you have access needs, please email Aine Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: Windsor Feminist Theatre
For more information: http://windsorfeministtheatre.ca/