Deadline: March 29th, 2019
‘BILLY AND THE DREAMERZ’ AUDITIONS
Audition Date: April 1st, 2019
Equity 1 week workshop, CAEA contract.
Dreamerz Productions is seeking submissions for roles in our upcoming 1 week Workshop of the original musical ‘Billy & the Dreamerz’. The workshop will take place in Toronto, April 8th to 13th, 2019. All actors must be strong singers.
Caged Angel Films / Dreamerz Productions are committed to casting with diversity that reflects the society in which we live. We strongly encourage submissions from all professional artists who self-identify with under-represented communities.
Set in the tumultuous political and cultural landscape of the UK in the 1980s, Billy & the Dreamerz tells the story of a group of working class friends who form a garage band, not knowing that it will change their lives forever. When tragedy strikes, Billy must choose between love, fame and family.
Billy & the Dreamerz explores the gulf between opportunity and obligation - a gulf that is ultimately bridged by love.
- Billy (male, 20s) - He is a singer/songwriter, introspective with a strong sense of duty. Sarah’s love interest.
The following characters will also read minor roles &/or sing harmony.
- Sarah (female 20s) - Keyboardist for the Dreamerz, she is attractive, shy and gothic. Billy’s love interest.
- Trevor (male 20s or early 30s) - The drummer, a positive thinker, quiet unless his drums do the talking.
- Ronnie (male mid 20s or early 30s) - Lead guitarist, brash, full of energy and a protector of his bandmates.
- Eva (female, 20s or early 30s) - Confident, wealthy, ended her relationship with Billy at the request of her Upper Class family.
- Frank (male, 50s) - Billy’s father, he is caring and dutiful but embittered by the loss of his own dreams of a musical career.
- Elsie (female, late 40s or early 50s) - A quiet, intelligent person and loving Mother.
To arrange an audition please submit a letter of interest, headshot, links to song samples and resume to Grace Kosaka at info@... [info AT cagedangelfilms DOT com]. Local submissions only.
Please indicate in the subject heading if you are Equity or ACTRA.
Those selected for an audition will be asked to prepare a short paragraph of dialogue from the book and thirty seconds of an original song from the musical.
Dreamerz Productions will only contact individuals selected for auditions. At time of notification, text, sheet music and an instrumental track with and without guide vocals will be provided
Posted by: Caged Angel Films / Dreamerz Productions
For more information: http://www.cagedangelfilms.com