Auditions February 24 and 25, 2019
Checkpoint 300 is this year's winner of the Toronto Fringe first play contest. It tells the story of two families who are impacted by a life changing incident at the checkpoint. Each family lost something that day, and the play examines the fragile relationships between each set of parents and their children. No matter what side of the border you live in, at the end of the day, every parent just wants hope for a better future for the next generation .
Auditions are Feb 24th between 10:00am -1:00 and Feb 25 between 10:00am-12:00. @the common studio at 587a College street.
We will have 7 shows during the 10 days of the Fringe festival - between July 3-14 2019.
We are looking to cast 6 roles:
- Shiri, female, 19 - young and idealistic, fought the army decision makers to serve in a combat unit, now facing the consequences of her actions
- Amelie, female, 30 - a journalist who is determined to find the truth behind the tragic story, she herself is tormented by a past decision she made along time ago
- Shay, male, 19 - a unit commander, Shiri's commanding officer, loves his soldiers, loyal to his country
- Walid, male, 19 - a dreamer, a soccer player, a fighter at heart who is angry at his father for settling
- Tikva/Nabila, female, 50 - a dual role of two mothers living on different sides of the border dealing with the life changing event
- Benny/Bashir, male, 50 - a dual role of two fathers living on different sides of the border dealing with the life changing event
Payment method is profit sharing/honorarium.
Please contact Michelle Wise - firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and recent headshot
Posted by: Tamaya Productions