Auditions on Saturday March 30th and Sunday March 31st
False Claims - A Farce
Written by Eli Pasic
Directed by Blair Haynes
Produced by Isaiah Kolundzic & Eli Pasic
PLOT SYNOPSIS — A devious, layabout nephew poses as his late aunt’s husband in order to collect her life insurance money, but—as always—farcical complications ensue!
The play opens at seven o’clock on a Tuesday evening in June; the year is 1954; it is set within an elegant Toronto penthouse.
- JERRY—a goody two shoes in his thirties; junior executive of a million dollar corporation; sitting on a hotbed of debilitative repressions
- LINDA—a boisterous busybody in her sixties; interminably overdramatic; a stalwart consumer of alcoholic beverages (most particularly brandy)
- GEORGE—a suave lawyer in his sixties; has a strong inclination for cheating on his wife (one might even say he cheats on his wife)
- MARGARET—a spunky woman in her sixties; sweet if she likes you, venomous if she doesn’t; sister of Linda; wife of George; the ever-notorious “aunt”
- IMOGENE—a sexy woman in her thirties; doesn’t particularly subscribe to morality in that she’s a con woman; George’s mistress (can you guess who she’s trying to con?)
- FRANK—a cordial insurance agent in his forties; wide-eyed; quaint; bit of a boob
- ELIZABETH—a skeletal heiress in her mid-eighties; visibly wealthy; visibly frightening; has a cough that sounds like a biblical plague
The False Claims Collective believes in inclusion and encourages submissions from all artists regardless of gender, age, race, orientation, physical and mental ability.
Please submit a resume and headshot to email@example.com no later than March 28th, 2019 to be considered for an audition. If selected, we ask that the artist perform a contemporary monologue of their choosing, totalling no more than three minutes.
Auditions will be held on Saturday March 30th and Sunday March 31st. Callbacks will occur the following weekend on Saturday April 6th and Sunday April 7th.
FALSE CLAIMS will be running from August 1st - 12th 2019 at the Alumnae Theatre. Rehearsals begin July 1st, taking place in Toronto.
The show will be operating under Equity’s Artist Collective Agreement. Under this agreement we can accept Union and Non-Union talent. The show will be an equal profit-share between all artists involved.
Posted by: The False Claims Collective