Unmute: The Impact of a Pandemic on Gender-Based Violence
Written by: Cedric Martin, Lindsey Middleton and Kimberlee Walker
Directed by: Erin Brandenburg
Theatre of the Beat is casting for an original forum theatre piece that addresses the rise of gender-based violence during COVID-19.
This is a paid, non-union production. $18/hr for rehearsals, plus $150 for show days.
The play will have three performance components:
1. It will be broadcast on a radio show
2. It will be performed as a Zoom play
3. It will be recorded in its entirety as a podcast
Rehearsals will begin on Zoom in late October/early November with recordings and performances taking place in late November. There is a strong likelihood of a Zoom ‘tour’, more dates could be added for 2021. Please take this timeline into consideration when submitting.
Our company mandate has always been to catalyze conversations on social justice and its intersection with the beliefs of the communities in which we find ourselves in. We are passionate about continuing to amplify underrepresented voices in this production and all subsequent productions moving forward. We especially encourage folks who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+, d/Deaf, Mad, Disabled/People with Disabilities, and/or Neurodiverse to submit. We are happy to assist and share extra supports for rehearsals and performances if needed.
• DAWN & SCOTT: Seeking bubbled performers between the ages of 20 - 40 one male-identifying performer and one female-identifying performer. If submitting for these roles please know there will be scenes dealing with abuse.
• STEPHANIE & DAVID: Seeking bubbled performers between the ages of 20 - 40 one male-identifying performer and one female-identifying performer
• RYAN: Seeking 1 male-identifying, Black, Indigenous, or Person of Colour, 28 years old
Email applications to email@example.com.
Please include a resume, headshot and demo reel (if available).
Please submit with the subject line UNMUTE SUBMISSION - Performers Name, and one PDF titled: FirstnameLastname_Submission.pdf
If you are submitting as a bubbled couple, please also submit a photo of you together and submit as one.
Please include any conflicts in November you have, your current city and if you are willing to perform live over Zoom in your own home. Please take your fellow housemates schedules and needs into consideration.
SUBMISSIONS DUE OCT 16th.
For more information: http://theatreofthebeat.ca/unmute