Port Moresby Productions is now accepting submissions for the October 2015 production of
“HEART OF THE STORM”
By Bil Antoniou
This production is a one-act play and will be part of the Muddy Mary Project, www.muddymary.ca. This is one of three plays that will be three performed in the festival, and it will be performed three times.
A world-famous pop singer, an Oscar winning actor and an island recently devastated by a hurricane. These two haven't seen each other since their divorce, and when they run into each other at a hotel bar find they have a lot of catching up to do. They are there to help the victims of the storm, but as they revisit their stormy past, the definition of "needy" begins to raise its own brand of mayhem.
Auditions will be held on the afternoon of Saturday, June 27, 2015 at Fraser Studios.
Rehearsals begin mid-to-late August and will take place on two weekday evenings and one afternoon on weekends.
The run of the show is a weekend in October. Specific dates and location TBA (will be in Toronto).
The production will be applying for the Artists’ Collective Policy through the Canadian Actors Equity Association. Equity Members are invited to apply.
To request an audition, please email your headshot and resume and role preference(s) to email@example.com.
Only those contacted for an audition will be seen.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- MELINDA – Female, late 40s to late 50s. World famous pop singer, keeps herself in top condition.
- SERGE – Male, late 40s- to late 50s. Famous award-winning actor, lives hard but stays in shape.
- CLIVE – Male, any age. Minor supporting role, 3 appearances in the show. Melinda’s assistant.
- We will send you sides of your preferred role(s), they do not have to be memorized.
- You may be asked to do cold readings for roles other than what you specified, sides will be provided.
Send your headshot and resume and role preference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: Port Moresby Productions
For more information: http://www.muddymary.ca