AUDITION NOTICE – IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE: A Live Radio Play - TORONTO, ON
CASTING ALL ROLES
Production name: It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play
Rehearsals start: November 13th 2017
Performances: December 1st -30th 2017
Deadline to submit: By 5pm-October 19th, 2017
Audition Date: October 20th, 2017
Callback Date: October 27th, 2017
All roles are paid, non-equity.
IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE:
Music by Joe Raposo
Book & Lyrics by Sheldon Harnick
It’s Christmas Eve in 1946, and inside a radio studio, five performers bring life to over 44 characters to create a live broadcast of Frank Capra’s timeless film in all of its feel-good glory! Faced with a life of dreams deferred, George Bailey sets out to throw himself from a bridge — until a dotty angel-in-waiting shows him what might have been. The beloved holiday classic is brought to captivating life as a live 1940s radio broadcast! Revisit Bedford Falls, fall in love again with George and Mary, and discover the magic of an angel named Clarence!
The Lower Ossington Theatre is seeking performers, 18 years of age or older, for our upcoming production of "It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play". We are seeking performers (Three men, two women) with strong vocal character work skills, as most performers will voice multiple roles. All ethnicities and body types are encouraged to audition.
Seeking the following Characters:
- FREDDIE FILMORE - Serves as the announcer for the radio drama as well as voicing GOWER, POTTER, PETER BAILEY, JOSEPH, ERNIE, BRIDGE KEEPER and others.
- JAKE LAURENTS - Voices GEORGE BAILEY and YOUNG GEORGE. (Note: must be able to sound convincingly like James Stewart in the role)
- HARRY JAZZBO HEYWOOD - Voices CLARENCE, BERT, HARRY (and YOUNG HARRY), SAM WAINWRIGHT, MARTINI, SHERIFF and others.
- SALLY APPLEWHITE- Voices MARY HATCH (and YOUNG MARY)
- LANA SHERWOOD- Voices VIOLET (and YOUNG VIOLET), ROSE BAILEY, RUTH, MRS HATCH, ZUZU, JANIE, SADIE VANCE and others.
Directed by: Seanna Kennedy
Rehearsals are from November –December 2017 , Performances are from December 1st- 30th. The weekly performance schedule is 4 shows, Friday through Sunday with two show times on Saturdays.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS ONLY. .Please submit a headshot and resume with “It’s a Wonderful Life” in the subject line by 5pm October 19th.Submit headshot and resume in PDF form to: email@example.com
Those selected for an audition will receive materials to prepare.
Only those selected will be contacted.
Posted by: The Lower Ossington Theatre
For more information: http://lowerossingtontheatre.com