Afsah theatre is looking for 6 actors (3 male, 3 female) for its production of Keffiyah/Made in China by Dalia Taha, as part of the closing celebrations of Beit Zatoun, a Palestine-based cultural centre in downtown Toronto for the last 7 years.
Afsah theatre strongly encourages submissions from individuals of all ethnicity and cultural background.
Keffiyah/Made in China interrogates the role today’s multimedia world plays in creating painful misconceptions and interruptions in daily life. Short vignettes with brisk dialogue demonstrate small and fragmented lives within Palestinian occupied territories, with all of its fragilities, imperfections, and possibilities.
We are looking for 6 actors (3 male, 3 female) to be cast in multiple roles in two vignettes.
- A father, concerned for his son.
- A man, gravely wounded.
- A Business owner, desperate for a sale.
- Two prisoners, one resigned and the other in denial.
- A young man, frustrated by waiting in line.
- A mother, concerned for her son.
- A woman, consoling her beloved.
- Two women, being interviewed.
- A young girl, trying to buy a keffiyah.
- A young woman, frustrated by waiting in line.
Audition dates are:
August 24th & 25th at Beit Zatoun (612 Markham St.)
Rehearsals begin Sept 6th - 2-3 rehearsals per week on evening and weekends.
Performances will be October 14th-16th.
This will be a profit-share production. Non-Union actors only.
To set up an audition time and for more information please email a resume/headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by: Afsah Theatre