Symphony Nova Scotia in partnership with Halifax Dance and the Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia invites advanced/professional dancers to audition for female and male principal roles for their 28th season of The Nutcracker.
Under the direction of Leica Hardy, performances will be held at the Dalhousie Arts Centre, Halifax, NS from December 6-16, 2018.
For information about compensation, performance and rehearsal schedules and other details please contact the Production Manager, Gay Hauser at 902-452-3461.
Information about Symphony Nova Scotia may be found at symphonynovascotia.ca
The production is a tightly woven and satisfying narrative about a girl’s struggle against her own insecurities and the bully behaviours she encounters. Clara falls asleep in a dormitory and wakes up in a fantasy world with her beloved nutcracker. Together, they fight the vicious Mouse Queen and travel through an enchanting Land of Snow to the Palace of the Rag Doll Queen, where flowers, dolls, and toys come to life. Clara transforms from a lonely child into a courageous, kind and forgiving young woman. It is the celebration of a young girl’s empowerment and coming of age. The Art Nouveau-inspired production is a magical mixture of dance, music and life-sized puppetry.
• Clara – female principal lead, to play role of older teen. The successful candidate must have strong ballet technique, acting abilities and classical partnering experience. This role is performed in soft slippers.
• The Nutcracker Prince – male principal lead to play role of the nutcracker and prince. The successful candidate must have strong ballet technique, physical theatre abilities and classical partnering experience.
• Where: Studios of Canada’s Ballet Jörgen, 160 Kendal Ave., Toronto
• When: Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
• Time: 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Please bring a hard copy of your headshot and resumé to the audition.
Prior to Sept. 3, 2018 all applicants are welcome to their send resumé, headshot & video links to Gay Hauser at email@example.com
Posted by: Symphony Nova Scotia
For more information: https://symphonynovascotia.ca/concerts-and-tickets/concerts/rebecca-cohn-auditorium/the-nutcracker-4/