Deadline: 5 p.m. on October 28, 2019
The Comedy of Errors
By William Shakespeare, directed by Peter Pasyk
Please submit a resumé and headshot to the address below by 5 p.m. on October 28, 2019. Early submissions encouraged.
Shakespeare in High Park rehearsal begins June 1 2020, previews begin July 7 2020, and closing is September 6 2020. All dates are subject to change.
Canadian Stage is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We encourage submissions from artists who self-identify as diverse (e.g. Indigenous, age, disability, ethno-cultural identity, gender, or sexual identity).
Shakespeare in High Park is an exclusive 16 week contract and the pay scale for this venue is a CTA “E” house. It should be noted that these productions rehearse and perform outdoors in all safe weather conditions.
- Please include ACTRA or CAEA status, training, and the roles for which you wish to be considered in your submission.
- If submitting by email, please include your resume and headshot as a single PDF attachment.
- Email submissions should have subject lines in the following format:
o Name / Equity status (union or non-union) / Role for which you are submitting
- We are looking for actors with experience/proficiency with Shakespearean text
- Please indicate in your submission if you have any “"street performance" talents. (ie. playing instruments/magic/break-dancing and so forth. Surprise us!) If submitting by email, please include this info in the body of your email. If submitting on Casting Workbook, please include this info as a submission note.
We are casting twelve (12) roles for this production. A full breakdown of the roles is available on www.castingworkbook.com and at our website at www.canadianstage.com. Submissions can be emailed to Casting Associate Emily Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted via Casting Workbook.
Posted by: Canadian Stage
For more information: https://canadianstage.com/