Deadline: April 17th, 2020
FROG IN HAND Auditions are coming!
We are looking for emerging artists to join our 2020 Summer Company.
We are seeking:
- Physically and emotionally imaginative youth (between the age of 19-30)
- Skilled artists who intend to pursue a professional practice
- Candidates who self-identify as actors and/or dancers
- Folks with a strong foundation in movement, versed in movement techniques
- Artists with an interest in character development and storytelling
We are forming a diverse ensemble to create new work, train, remount Frog in Hand repertoire and perform across Mississauga and Toronto for 9 weeks (June and July 2020). *These opportunities are contingent on funding.
TORONTO AUDITIONS (invitation only)
April 24th 5PM-8PM
AT Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre (509 Parliament Street).
Please send the following to Colleen Snell (Artistic Director, Frog in Hand):
- Your resume (2 pages maximum)
- Contact information for one professional and one personal reference
- Send to email@example.com with the subject: [YOUR NAME] auditions 2020
- We will invite only selected candidates to audition.
Audition applications close April 17th.
Due to the nature of funding, there are specific eligibility requirements. To be eligible, participants MUST:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment (June 2020)
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee
- Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are not eligible, you may be invited to attend this audition to be considered for future opportunities, however we cannot hire you for the summer company project.
Frog in Hand is a Mississauga-based company. Selected candidates must be prepared to travel to Mississauga for rehearsals. Summer Company activities will also occur in Toronto and the GTA.
All Summer Company members will be paid Ontario’s minimum wage of $14/hour, for 30 hours of work per week for a total of 9 weeks. MERCs (Mandatory Employment Related Costs) will be provided. MERCs include expenses such as employment insurance, Canada Pension Plan, vacation pay, workers' compensation etc.
Posted by: Frog in Hand
For more information: https://www.froginhand.com/