Deadline: June 28, 2019
Production name: Sunday in the Park with George
Production rehearsal dates: February 17, 2019 to March 2, 2019
Production Dates: March 3 – 8th, 2020
Submission deadline: June 28, 2019
Submission email: email@example.com
Contact name: Brett Haynes
Engagement Policy: DOT agreement
Please prepare one (1) song, preferably in Stephen Sondheim’s repertoire, or from the show itself.
May be asked to read sides at the audition.
ETC will be accepting video submissions.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
As a fully inclusive company, ETC encourages submissions from individuals of all ages, gender expressions, cultures, ethnicities, abilities and those who self-identify as members of under-represented communities.
Director: Evan Tsitsias
Rehearsal dates: February 17, 2019 to March 2, 2019
Performance Dates: March 3 – 8th, 2020
Location: The Jam Factory
- Georges Seurat (Tenor, Ab4 – G#2): Act 1: An artist obsessed with his work at the cost of his personal life. Act 2: Seurat's burnt-out descendant and inventor-sculpture searching for his purpose.
- Dot /Marie (Mezzo-Soprano, D5 – E3): Dot is George's headstrong, discontent mistress and occasional model. Marie is George's elderly wheelchair-bound grandmother.
- Jules/Bob Greenberg (Baritone, F4 – G2): Jules is a rival artist; callous, critical, shallow, pursues his cook Frieda. Bob Greenberg is a museum director.
- Yvonne/Naomi Eisen (Mezzo-Soprano, Eb5 – E3): Yvonne is Jules’ pampered wife, snippy and snooty. Naomi Eisen is a composer.
- Old Lady/Blair Daniels (Mezzo-Soprano, Eb5 – F#3): Old Lady is George's mother, a cranky and rather demanding fixture in the park, finds solace in nostalgia. Blair Daniels is an art critic.
Posted by: Eclipse Theatre Company
For more information: https://eclipsetheatre.ca