Deadline January 30, 2020
Seven Siblings Theatre and Leroy Street Theatre are now casting for our upcoming co-production of The Antipodes by Annie Baker!
The Antipodes is an ensemble based piece that takes place in a writer’s room. It is about storytellers telling stories; but it also plays with time, ambition, folklore, monotony, and the extreme measures we will take to create something extraordinary.
Annie Baker's plays (The Flick, The Aliens, John, Circle Mirror Transformation, etc) will be familiar to Toronto audiences, and we are very excited to be the first Canadian company to present this work.
Rehearsals will be part-time, beginning Feb 24th. Our three week run of the play will take place at The Assembly Theatre from April 8th to April 26th 2020.
Christina Pastor will be directing. Christina has coached actors at Circle in the Square, NYU, and The University of Connecticut. Select directing credits include: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (New World Stages), Anansi the Spider (Circle in the Square Theatre), and the world premiere of The Age of Andy (The Looking Glass Theatre.)
We are currently casting for the following roles:
- Sandy (Male. 55-70) - The veteran writer who assembled this team.
- Eleanor (Female. 36-46) - An experienced writer. Observative. Skilled. Has a level of job security.
- Adam (Male. 28-38) - A new writer on the team. Has flashes of brilliance.
- Danny M1 (Male. 42-52) - a.k.a. Flasharoo. A returning writer. Enthusiastic. Comfortable.
- Danny M2 (Male. 35-45) - A new writer on the team. Indirect. Prefers fiction.
- Dave (Male. 35-45) - A returning writer on Sandy’s team. Direct. Opportunistic.
- Josh (Male. 30-40) - A new writer on the team. Curious. There is a problem with his paperwork.
- Max (Male. Unseen voice) - Has a posh British accent. A position of power.
We can accept union or non-union actors under the CAEA Artists Collective Policy. We welcome applications from actors of all backgrounds, beliefs, cultures, and identities.
Auditions will take place on Feb 3rd, 4th, and 8th, 2020. Interested applicants are asked to submit a headshot and resume to TheAntipodesTO@gmail.com by Jan 30th. Selected artists will be contacted directly. Early submissions encouraged.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted by: Seven Siblings Theatre & Leroy Street Theatre
For more information: http://www.sevensiblingstheatre.ca/auditions