Become involved in a revolutionary, one-of-a-kind theatre production
Talk Is Free Theatre is Barrie’s regional professional theatre company. Having produced over 70 productions, next year the company will celebrate its 15th Anniversary. To mark the occasion, TIFT will produce a revolutionary production of the iconic American musical, The Music Man.
In our version, the audience will travel throughout the city of Barrie to witness the story of con man Harold Hill unfold with downtown locations, and the real train, as the 'set' of the production. One of the largest productions of a musical ever, this rendition will have a cast of 125 actors, including 10 professional Equity members and many non-professional theatre enthusiasts.
This is your opportunity to become involved in a professional production and in this innovative project.
We invite submissions from the following:
· Children over 10 years of age and teenagers, especially those who play a trombone or who are willing to learn.
· Non-professional adults who are willing to play a small part.
· Previous experience in theatre, dance, music, bands and marching bands is considered a definite asset.
· If offered a role, you must be available for all rehearsals and performances without exception.
· Rehearsals will begin on August 8, 2016 and will continue until September 10, 2016. We expect on average 15 hours of rehearsals per week. While we will do everything possible to avoid daytime conflicts, some rehearsals may take place during school/work day.
· Performances will take place from September 11 to October 1, 2016. There will be 8 performances weekly, however we expect many roles to be double cast so that each actor will perform a maximum of 4 times per week.
Auditions will be held at the Mady Centre on Sunday, May 8 10am to 10pm and on Tuesday, May 10 from 3pm to 10pm.
Please submit your photo and brief statement of your relevant experience or a resume with attention to Arkady Spivak, Artistic Producer no later than April 15th, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to this address.