Three generations of a tight-knit family cram into a rental car to drive to a funeral.
Neuroses collide, emotions run high, grievances are aired and over-shared, traffic laws are broken. You could have called.
Casting for the following roles:
- LYDIA: Late-fifties professional, mother of two adult-ish children. Born in Los Angeles to immigrant parents, now living with her Canadian husband in Toronto. Mom of ZOE, younger sister of ARNOLD, youngest daughter of NOMI and MORRIS.
- ZOE: Twentysomething Torontonian who works in marketing and is about to move in with her girlfriend. Daughter of LYDIA, niece of ARNOLD, granddaughter of NOMI and MORRIS.
- ARNOLD: Early-sixties professional, bachelor, born in Los Angeles to immigrant parents and living there still. Older brother of LYDIA, uncle of ZOE, only son of NOMI and MORRIS.
- NOMI: Ninetysomething Holocaust survivor whose Yiddish accent persists despite close to 70 years living in Los Angeles. Her dentures fit poorly so she clicks—the sound of tongue against top teeth—every minute or two. Mother to LYDIA and ARNOLD, grandmother to ZOE, wife to MORRIS.
- MORRIS: Ninetysomething Holocaust survivor whose Yiddish accent persists despite close to 70 years living in Los Angeles. In the grip of worsening dementia and losing his grasp on the world around him; unsure from one minute to the next where he is or where he's going. Father to LYDIA and ARNOLD, grandfather to ZOE, husband to NOMI.
** All roles can be played by an actor of any gender, age, or ethnicity.
Auditions being held for The Ties That Bind and Gag – 60-minute dark comedy to be performed at the 2018 Toronto Fringe Festival - will take place on March 3rd and 4th, 2018.
Deadline to submit is March 1st, 2018 at 10 pm.
Performance Dates: July 4th-15th, 2018.
Compensation: Profit Share.
Equity and Non-Equity members welcome to audition.
Rehearsal Schedule: To be determined with the actor cast.
To audition please send a headshot and resume to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be asked to prepare a comedic monologue and will also be sent a scene to review.
Posted by: Poor Life Choices Productions