The Toronto Fringe Theatre Festival, a not-for-profit charitable organization, is seeking 2 volunteer Board Members to join its Board of Directors.
The Fringe provides creative opportunities for artists and audiences by producing two important festivals – the Toronto Fringe Festival and the Next Stage Theatre Festival – and by running outreach activities that benefit youth, artists and the theatre community at large.
The Fringe is seeking board members who have expertise in the following areas:
• Marketing and Publicity
• Community Involvement
• Arts and Culture
As a member of The Fringe’s Board of Directors you will have the opportunity to:
• support The Fringe’s mission and purpose
• ensure effective and efficient organizational planning
• assist in fundraising efforts
• ensure The Fringe follows a governance model that allows it to operate effectively
• articulate The Fringe’s mission, accomplishments and goals to gain community support and enhance The Fringe’s public image
• Be able to commit a minimum of 3-6 hours per month to the organization for a minimum of 3 years
• Be able to attend in-person monthly board meetings in Toronto
Candidates with experience in board of director service will be preferred. You have a love of independent theatre, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and a network of valued relationships. The Board conducts much of its work through its committees. Each Director is expected to play a role on at least one committee.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity
The Fringe is an equal opportunity organization committed to diversity and inclusion. We are interested in expanding the diversity of representation on the Board of Directors and encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted by: Toronto Fringe Festival
For more information: http://www.fringetoronto.com