Canadian Stage Artistic & General Director Matthew Jocelyn has announced a call for actor submissions for General Auditions for our 2016-2017 season.
The season has yet to be announced; when it is announced, information about our season will be available at www.canadianstage.com.
Please submit a hard copy or digital résumé and photo by 5:00pm on Monday, February 1st, 2016. Early submissions are strongly recommended. Digital submissions are preferred over hard copies.
• Please note on résumé your ACTRA and Equity status and relevant training.
• Also note whether you wish to be considered for a musical or non-musical audition.
• Canadian Stage is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We encourage submissions from artists who self-identify as diverse (e.g. Aboriginal, age, disability, ethno-cultural identity, gender, or sexual identity).
• If you are submitting electronically to email@example.com, please remember to indicate your Name and ACTRA/Equity status, as well as your Musical/Non-musical preference in the subject line of your email. PDF attachments are preferred.
• Artists currently enrolled full-time in a post secondary conservatory training program were seen at the Theatre Ontario Showcase and therefore will not be given a separate General Audition at this time.
• Please note that actors who were given a General Audition in the last two years will not be contacted this year.
Performers selected for an audition should prepare two contrasting monologues, each under two-minutes in length. Performers selected for a musical audition should also prepare one song of his or her choosing, no more than 32-bars in length. Piano accompaniment will be provided. Please note that performers may be asked to perform only one monologue during their audition.
We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an audition will be contacted. We are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your submission package.
Submissions may be emailed to Emily Johnston, Casting Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also be accepting submissions via casting workbook at www.castingworkbook.com.
Alternatively, submissions may be mailed to:
Attn: General Auditions
Emily Johnston, Casting Associate
26 Berkeley Street, Toronto, ON M5A 2W3
Please staple your headshot to the back of your résumé. Cover letters should not be stapled. Early submissions are strongly preferred.
Posted by: Canadian Stage
For more information: http://www.canadianstage.com